Tuesday 16 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors who deserve more recognition

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a specific topic to which bloggers make a list of their top ten books(or I guess in this case authors) in that category.

AAHHH! Completely forgot it's Tuesday. Luckily, the topic is the Top Ten Authors who deserve more Recognition. Easy!

1)Tamora Pierce - One of my friends always goes on and on about how Tamora Pierce is a GREAT author. I definitely agree. All the books I've read of hers are riveting.

2)Lauren Oliver - I find her flexible and able to write magical books not necessarily focused on one genre. Before I fall and her Delirium series were good examples of that.

3)Alexandra Bracken - I've only read one of her books. (Brightly Woven) But I liked it, and I've heard her writing in her next books were a lot better. To improve upon that would make her a marvelously talented author.

4)Gail Carson Levine - I'm a sucker for fairy tale retellings and she's written some of the best I've read.

5)Kate Constable - I've only read her Chanters of Tremaris Trilogy but I loved all 3 books within it. Rare since I have this odd habit of really disliking the second book of a series.

6)Maggie Stiefvater - She's not my favourite author. I'll admit that. I'm not the biggest fan of her writing style, but I do have to admit, she writes great plots. The Scorpio Races? Unique much.

7)Josephine Angelini - I've read a few of her books. They're pretty good. Mystical, magic, the works.

8)Heather Brewer - LOVE her books. Vampires and demons, with a touch of romance. And she's definitely not cheesy like some vampire novels I can mention(*cough*twilight*cough*). Plus, she makes killer cliffhangers that have almost put me to the point of crying because they're so good.

9)Darren Shan - For horror, he's definitely your go-to guy. In my horror-reading phase, I read some of  his Cirque du Freak and loved them. And I hear the Demonata series is even better. I haven't read it. Can't stand reading horror anymore. I scare too easily xD

10)Veronica Roth - I dunno. Her book's already famous so does she really need more recognition? Oh well, she's a great writer. Divergent and Insurgent were wonderful. Can't wait for Allegiant!(Or whatever the next book is going to be called)

Those weren't in any particular order, but those are definitely authors that I think need a lot of recognition. They're great.

3 comments:

  1. Good list, I love Maggie Stiefvater as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list :) I LOVE Tamora Pierce. She's one writer that I could read over and over again and not get sick of.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamora Pierce ftw ;)
    Also, I didn't know you read Gail Carson Levine! Have you read Maggie Stiefvater's Books of Faerie? Of the books I've read from her, those are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete