Tuesday 17 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on my Fall 2013 TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a specific topic to which bloggers make a list of their top ten books in that category.

I haven't done this in a couple of weeks. Partly because I was busy, and partly because those ones did seem to take a lot of thought. For me anyhow. So kudos to those who did them. This week's topic is Top Ten Books on my Fall 2013 TBR List. And of course, I've got a whole bunch of those.

Here goes! In no particular order...

1)The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I've been meaning to read this book for the longest time. And recently I've had someone almost ordering me to read it. *cough*Rachel*cough* So if I can somehow get it from a library. Or maybe just steal it from somewhere, I hope to read it.

2)The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson - I own this book... So I should kind of read it at some point. Just have never gotten to it.

3) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I've heard it's a cute book. I've heard a couple people recommend it. It's not normally the type of book I read but I'm willing to give it a shot.

4)Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I know it's not out, but it's supposed to come out in October. That's fall, right? MUST READ!!!!




5)Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter - So I read the Heist Society recently. Loved it. This is the second book. Hopefully it won't let me down like many other sequels I have read.

6) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - I've lost track of how many times I've seen Veronica Rossi and Under the Never Sky mentioned across book blogs. I feel an obligation to read it. I mean, it looks pretty good too. That always helps with motivation. ;)

7) City of Glass by Cassandra Clare - I did try to read this a while ago but I accidentally ruined it for myself by reading the synopsis of the City of Fallen Angels. Luckily, I've forgotten what the spoiler was. And hopefully I won't do that this time.

8) Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - I don't quite understand the synopsis but there's dragons and royalty and it has good ratings and the title page looks cool. Seems like it could be pretty good.


9) Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta - The ratings of this book are outstanding. After reading Finnikin of the Rock, I feel this urgent need in me to finish the rest of the series. Once I get a hold of them of course. I have no clue who Quintana is but I want to. I hope to finish the Lumatere trilogy by Christmas.

10) On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - Basically I want to read a bunch of Melina Marchetta's books as I've been thoroughly impressed by both the book that I've read and her ratings. Even though this isn't the normal type of book I read, the reviews are enough to convince me that it is definitely worth a read.

Can't wait to read these. If I do get to them... Hopefully I do. I'm bound to stumble across them at the library at some point. These are at the top of my reading list. And I truly do desperately want to read them.

Tell me your TBR List in the comments below. Or even better, give me a link to your TTT! I wanna see what other books are out there. And maybe put a couple more on my to-read list.

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Good list, I loved The Fault in Our Stars and Uncommon Criminals but I think it's the weakest in the series but still enjoyable and I really loved the third book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read Under the Never Sky, it took me a while to get into it, because the premise isn't well explained, but I loved it! The Fault in our Stars is a tear-jerker, keep a box of tissues near by! I want to read Eleanor and Park, I just received it from the library and it's got a lot of hype surrounding it.
    Hope you enjoy your TBR!

    ~Tilly @ Hardcore Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault in Our Stars was so good (so sad, but so good).
    And I love The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (thinking of giving it a re-read fairly soon).

    Great list! Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten Tuesday http://wp.me/p3DIPM-7X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check the school library in a week or two and hopefully the Fault in Our Stars should be there :) Also I have City of Glass and Seraphina if you have trouble finding them!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete