Tuesday 27 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a specific topic to which bloggers make a list of their top ten books in that category. 

This week's topic is Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters. I'm not positive as to what a secondary character is. So basically I'm just considering it as anyone who isn't the main character. As usual, in no particular order...

1) Grover from the Percy Jackson series - He's a protector. He's subconscious, a wimp at times, has history, he's loyal. What's not to love about him. He can be brave and he sticks to what's right. And he eats cans. 

2) Onua from Wild Magic - She's the first character Daine meets which already makes me remember her since the beginning is one of my favourite scenes. She's Daine's boss and has a gift with horses. I'm not really sure what makes her so memorable to me other than the fact that she's the one that introduces Daine to the people of Tortall.

3) Dumbledore from Harry Potter - Isn't this one self-explanatory? It's Dumbledore!!!

4) Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - He's a faun! And also the first person Lucy meets in Narnia, which makes him pretty memorable. The fact that he almost betrays her and then tries to help them makes him even more so. I like Mr. Tumnus.

5) Arya from Eragon - Eragon went out of his way to find her. She's a princess and she's literally the girl of Eragon's dreams. She's pretty memorable.

6) Aunt Elinor from Inkheart - She's a crabby old lady with an obsession for books. Yet at the same time she's pretty cool. And she's on the good side. That's always a good thing. The fact that nobody could stand her makes her pretty comical.

7) Claire from Starcrossed - I'm not really sure what makes her stick out in this book other than the fact that she's one kick ass friend. She's cool.

8) Rue from The Hunger Games - She's the small innocent one, thrown into chaos and destruction. She's the one Katniss connects with and she's also the one that made everyone sad when she died. Her death is really the beginning of the rebellion.

9) Four from Divergent - He's mysterious. And nice it seems. Brave, strong, a leader, a rebel. What's not to like about that? And he only has 4 fears? Wow.

10) Juliet Sykes from Before I fall - Before I fall is one of the saddest books I have ever read. And I love it for that. It's so enlightening on the effects our actions have on others. If it weren't for Juliet Sykes, Sam never would have understood how mean she was acting. I know it's just a book but since this is one of the few in this genre that I read and the end is so heartwrenching, I have to say, Juliet Sykes is one of the most memorable secondary characters in my mind.

So those are my top ten! Almost wasn't sure that I was going to get it up today because of internet problems. But it's working now! Tell me who your top ten most memorable secondary characters are! Or link me to your TTT in the comments below. :)

Have a nice Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Four! Yours is the first list I have seen to include Four. And of course Dumbledore. There are so many HP characters to pick from. And Grover! I love Grover! Thanks for sharing a great list. http://wp.me/pzUn5-1EL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I love Dumbledore, Rue and Grover as well. All are amazing secondary characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent list! I haven't seen Dumbledore on any other lists so far (not sure why, he's great), but Rue is a popular choice.

    ReplyDelete