Tuesday 20 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things That Make My Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a specific topic to which bloggers make a list of their top ten books in that category.



This week's category is Top Ten Things That Make Your Life as a Reader/Book Blogger Easier. Oooo, Long name. Let's see if I can do it, eh?

1) The Library - Okay this one's kind of obvious. It is where I get most of my books. Who doesn't get any of their books from the library?

2) Friends - I have this one friend who always has too many books for her room. I'd say she has some decent taste in books. Especially since we tend to like along the same lines of books. Hint? Find her here.

3) Used Bookstores/Thrift Shops - If I see one and I've got the time, I'll go in. More often than not, I'll find this really awesome bargain on a book that seems kind of interesting. At least 50% off the original price, or even less than $1 for a book still in great condition? Why not?

4) Online Bookstores - They tend to be cheaper than in an actual large bookstore. And a lot offer free shipping if you buy enough. Like Amazon. $25 free shipping. Or even better, the book depository. Free shipping everywhere.

5) Goodreads - What kind of insane book blogger doesn't use goodreads? Reviews, ratings, other book bloggers and readers. Best advice you can get there.

6) Audiobooks - Nothing like multitasking while you're reading. A book replaces music during chores easily enough. 

7) Other Book Blogs - Other people's opinions are always awesome(unless they're wrong. ;) ) Never hurts to look at other people's blogs for book suggestions, ideas, and just plain entertainment.

8) A Lack of Procrastination/Time - I have this bad habit of leaving things to the last minute. Or just not doing something I want to because I'm too lazy. (Such as the past two TTT's (I'm sorry.)) When I do manage to escape the spiraling hole of procrastination, I get a lot done. (Or end up procrastinating by using the blog) But hey! More attention to the blog and books!

Well, eight's the best I can get off the top of my head at the moment. Just spouting this off in a rush. (Procrastination ftw) Let's see your suggestions. Link your TTT's in the comments below and I'll get to them. Eventually. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Even less than a buck, whoa. Coll store. my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read "I have this one friend who always has too many books for her room." I was going "I KNOW WHO THAT IS, ITS ME!" but it's so so true.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete