Tuesday 9 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and Bookish. I found this on a friend's blog and have been fascinated by it. Each week has a specific topic to which bloggers make a list of their top ten books in that category.

This week's topic is(as shown in the title) Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations.

This topic I found extremely difficult. Mainly because, for most movie adaptations, I've often either only watched the movie or only read the book. These are the few that I could think up.

The Worst - best get them over with first, eh?

1) Eragon by Cristopher Paolini - Honestly, I'm already not a big fan of this book. I don't know if it was the writing or the world or what, but I had a lot of trouble following it and staying focused on the storyline. The action and the enemies were okay, I suppose. In the movie, however, a lot was removed like most movies but it just made the characters seem confusing and the action disjointed

2) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - I LOVE Greek mythology and because of this, The Lightning Thief became one of my favourite books. And then they just had to go butcher it in a movie. They CHANGED THE PLOT. The focus isn't finding the lightning and saving Percy's mom. It's finding those freaking pearls.
AND they killed the main bad guy of the series! How are they expecting to make the sequel? Not to mention the fact that half the characters don't even look similar as to what is described in the book. Wasn't Annabeth supposed to have grey eyes and blonde hair?

3) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - Unlike a lot of people, I don't hate this book, but I'm not really a big fan either. It was still an interesting storyline though, despite the cheesiness. But the movie? What was it, low budget or something(I don't know
. Maybe it was) The acting was shabby, the graphics were... meh. and the special effects were laughable. Sparkling? Climbing trees? Hilarious.

The Best

1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - It was absolutely wonderful. Acting was great, action was high, storyline was similar to the book, if not the same. Really well done.

2) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I'm a fan of this series. Both the books AND the movies. I really like how they stuck to the book for the most part but there's still lots of magic and action and wonderfulness.


That's... about it. Five. I can think of a few more... but I haven't both watched the movie AND read the book. So.. this is my tiny list.

On a side note, I'm super excited for the City of Bones movie to come out. Loved the book. Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment